At this time you have to report holiday rental to the Amsterdam city council. The holiday rental registration requirement Amsterdam is in effect since October 1 2017. In this blog we will explain in short about how you can register and we will give you all the information you will need to do so. If you would like to know more about this subject, we wrote a blog about holiday rental registration requirement earlier.
Holiday rental registration requirement Amsterdam: Conditions and other things you should know
Conditions for the holiday rental registration requirement Amsterdam
- First of all, the main lessor is the only one renting out the property and you live there yourself (you are registered as occupant with the city of Amsterdam)
- It has to be casual rental only
- Maximum sixty nights per calendar year
- There’s a maximum of four guests per stay
- No social housing or property of a housing company
- You have to register the holiday rental with the city council before the rental starts. Basically this means the stay must be registered before the guests arrive
Other things you should know about holiday rental registration requirement Amsterdam
- The purpose of your home is living specifically
- You will need permission from the ‘VVE’ (homeowner association) to rent out your home
- Surely guests can’t cause nuisance in any way
- Your house or houseboat has to be fire safe
Holiday rental registration requirement Amsterdam: how does it work?
Firstly, go to the registration form on the website of the city of Amsterdam to register. Click on the button ‘Meld vakantieverhuur’. Click on ‘volgende’ to go to the next step. Here you need to log in with your DigiD information.
Secondly, you will get an overview of the known information when you log in with your DigiD.
Thirdly, you need to submit the check in and check out dates of your guests on this page.
Finally you will see an overview of all the submitted information. Read this through. If everything is correct and you meet all the criteria, you can confirm the form by checking the box.