Vacature: Quality Control Manager
— Update March, 2018: This vacancy has been fulfilled! —
January 8, 2018 – Amsterdam
The Friendly Host – Amsterdam
Company Overview / About us
The Friendly Host is an ambitious, young, growing startup that focuses on managing short stay / holiday rental of apartments in Amsterdam. Due to the increased popularity of online marketplaces such as Airbnb, we are operating within a fast growing market in providing services in this field. Our focus lies on serving homeowners who wish to rent out their home while they are on holiday, without all the hassle. The Friendly Host distinguishes itself by keeping a critical eye on the online screening of our guests. Our aim on sustainable growth, enables us to build stable relationships with our customers. In order to realize future growth, we are looking for a new team member.
Are you able to manage a team of cleaners? Are you friendly, but honest and not afraid to speak up when needed? Do you have eye for detail? Do your friends describe you as a neat freak? Do you love preparing homes for guests and do you take cleaning very serious? Do you love to ride your bike through town? Do you understand that reviews are important in our line of work? Then this might just be the job for you!
The Friendly Host is looking for a Quality Control Manager to join our team. You ensure that the guests are received in a spotless house every time. You do this by coaching and training your team of cleaners, by coordinating and constantly checking the quality of the work. To make sure things run smoothly you assist the planner in the contact with external service providers and suppliers and you monitor the efficiency of the department.
- A multitasker, not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- A people-person with the ability to train cleaners.
- A manager not afraid to speak up.
- A cool headed person who can work accurately and meticulously at all times.
- A hands-on person who is able to act quickly and can improvise in urgent situations.
- A great communicator
- A person that knows how to clean efficient and effective
- A change driven person, who after spotting inefficiencies, can take the necessary steps to effect change
- A go-getter who wants to grow in a very dynamic environment.
- A tower of strength, able to work structurally and come up with creative solutions, even in times of (mild) chaos.
- A writer with fluency in both Dutch & English.
- A person that loves to ride a bike, everywhere, anywhere.
- MBO study completed or HBO level work experience
- Experienced in the cleaning business
- Preferably based in Amsterdam
- Fluent in English & Dutch
- You’re a big fan of Airbnb!
Level of education
MBO / HBO
What do we offer?
- A unique chance to become part of our fast growing startup and join our young & ambitious team (work hard play hard) – with the possibility to start soon!
- Full time job (part time is negotiable if you are available most days of the week)
- Downtown Amsterdam office with outdoor garden amid other startups (we are located next to Waterlooplein)
Interested in working with us? Please send us your resume and application letter to [email protected] and we’ll be in touch soon after!