Vacature: Service Account Manager
— Update September, 2019: This vacancy has been fulfilled! —
August, 9, 2019 – Amsterdam
The Friendly Host – Amsterdam
Company Overview / About us
The Friendly Host is an ambitious, young, growing startup that focuses on managing short stay / holiday rental of apartments in Amsterdam. Due to the increased popularity of online marketplaces such as Airbnb, we are operating within a fast growing market in providing services in this field. Our focus lies on serving homeowners who wish to rent out their home while they are on holiday, without all the hassle.
Our aim on sustainable growth, enables us to build stable relationships with our customers. In order to realise future growth, we are looking for a new team member.
We are in the middle of the phase of growing from a nice start-up to an (international) innovative scale-up. That makes it interesting, challenging and very diverse. We set the bar higher and higher, which means that you sometimes have to step out of your comfort zone.
You will get a lot of responsibility and decide what is good for The Friendly Host and for the customer. You are the person who wants, takes and knows how to handle the responsibility this job will bring!
In this role you are the contact person of our guests and homeowners. It is important to quickly and accurately answer all kinds of requests by telephone as well as by e-mail or chat. It does not matter for you whether it is in Dutch or English. Registering rebookings and handling resolutions are other examples of your daily activities. And it’s not a problem for you to act as an host doing check ins on location if this is needed.
You are the expert and have an answer to every question and a solution for every challenge. You know how to exceed the expectations of the customer every day! In this job, you will be dealing with different types of customers from all over the world who can come to you with their questions. You know our company and the processes like anybody else who works here and know what you can and can not promise. You are also constantly working on how we can work smarter together and serve the customers optimally.
- 1-2 years of working experience in a service and client orientated role.
- A multitasker, able to manage 100+ accounts at online platforms such as Airbnb.
- A person who is able to handle complaints (and compliments) well.
- A hands-on person who is able to act quickly and can improvise in urgent situations.
- A cool headed person who can work accurately and meticulously at all times.
- A tower of strength, able to work structurally and come up with creative solutions, even in times of (mild) chaos.
- A change driven person, who after spotting inefficiencies, can take the necessary steps to effect change
- A people-person with the ability to screen guests, answer questions and help provide a smooth booking process for guest, client and office team.
- A Friendly “office” Host, always happy to answer questions and requests from our customers in an efficient and service oriented manner.
- A go-getter who wants to grow in a very dynamic environment.
- A writer with fluency in both Dutch & English.
- Preferably based in Amsterdam
- You’re a big fan of Airbnb!
What do we offer?
- A unique chance to become part of our fast growing startup and join our young & ambitious team (work hard play hard) – with the possibility to start soon!
- A fixed term contract
- Salary between €2100 – €2500 based on your experience
- 32-40 hour workweek – You will work day shifts (08.00/09.00-17.00/18.00) from Monday to Friday but are open to work occasionally in the weekends if it’s really busy.
- A great office in the heart of Amsterdam on one of the canal belts.
- A challenging, versatile job with plenty of career opportunities
Interested in working with us? Please send us your resume and application letter to email@example.com and we’ll be in touch soon after!